C5 X7 2008 Wiper Motors

andyhugill

Any guidance please,

2008 C5 X7, 2.0 HDI Estate. Wipers have been mis behaving for a while. Firstly stuck on intermediate on whichever setting then they folded over each other and left stopped working with right jerking up about 4" then back down again. I've read that it's probably the ECU in the slave, left side. I have removed the motors and panel to get to the ecu and put the multi meter across each terminal pin and the connection to the PCB and there seemed to be lack on continuity. Tried to remove the PCB but to no avail, rechecked continuity and it seemed okay after messing about but when i refitted the motors they still don't work.

Are new motors required as the few there are about seem expensive and i may need two. Or is it worth trying to get them looked at by an auto electrician.

Does anybody have any experience with this.....PLease

Andy

• 2 months later...

Guys I have just taken out the passenger wiper motor on my car. I cant see how to open up the metal cover of the circuity to see if the pins are maybe just corroded, Any ideas please?

OK so scrap that I have opened the cover up by removing the adhesive from two the screw heads. And then managed to break the third fixing lug.

Now my question is. I see the circuit board but cannot prize it away from the cover having removed the three smaller fixing screws. The board itself appears to be undamaged but I cant see behind it to where the ribbon cable will attach to the board. Any other ideas as to what I can do now to get the board away - Im ultra careful now having snapped off one lug.

Secondly is there a test I can do to confirm that it is indeed the passenger motor that has died?