4 replies to this topic

#1 tornados

tornados

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hi

I have a 2002 C5 estate (with air con). My auxillary belt snapped. I have a friend who is a mechanic but would appreciate a diagram of how the belt is fed around the pulleys.

By the way the cause was the alternator "free-wheel" pulley siezing and actually dropping off! Most places would want to sell you a complete alternator/pulley. Fortunately I found someone who fitted a brand new free-wheel pulley for 50 (inc). The cheapest alternator I could find was 160 and Citroen wanted 420 plus fitting!!!!

Thanks in advance

#2 GreenBlood

GreenBlood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hi

I have a 2002 C5 estate (with air con). My auxillary belt snapped. I have a friend who is a mechanic but would appreciate a diagram of how the belt is fed around the pulleys.

By the way the cause was the alternator "free-wheel" pulley siezing and actually dropping off! Most places would want to sell you a complete alternator/pulley. Fortunately I found someone who fitted a brand new free-wheel pulley for 50 (inc). The cheapest alternator I could find was 160 and Citroen wanted 420 plus fitting!!!!

Thanks in advance

This should help... Engine/ Auxillary Equipment Drivebelt/ determine your engine from the chart and go to pages that cover removal/ re-fit, full diagrams :blink:
http://ftp.psyborg.r...2005) C5_C8.pdf

Cheers
Chris

#3 tornados

tornados

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

This should help... Engine/ Auxillary Equipment Drivebelt/ determine your engine from the chart and go to pages that cover removal/ re-fit, full diagrams :blink:
http://ftp.psyborg.r...2005) C5_C8.pdf

Cheers
Chris

Many many thanx. This is excellent and gives me all the details required. While seacrhing around I also found at long last a Haynes manual is available!!

#4 Johndouglas

Johndouglas

Forum Police

• PipPipPip
  • 1605 posts
  • Interests:Motoring, Caravanning, DIY
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

I also found at long last a Haynes manual is available!!

When you get one you'll find what you want in section 5 paragraph 7. :blink:

#5 GooglyBear

GooglyBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

many thanks for this link, it's a great find.
i found myself in the same predicament as the OP today when my 'fan' belt went.