Complete Ecu Reset Procedure

Guest Citroen CT

Guest Citroen CT

hello all i work in the dealer network and upon reading alot of the posts you may find this info useful

How to reset all ecu's

this procedure is called a power latch

firstly turn on the ignition not engine running,

open bonnet remove battery positive lead and then turn off ignition.

then touch the positive lead to earth,this powers down all ecus and resets erasing intermittent faults in the process.then reconnect the battery lead.

if the vehicle doesnt start straight away leave the ignition on for 2-3 mins as it has gone into anti scanning mode.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

upon starting the vehicle DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE allow vehicle to idle until cooling fans cut in to allow the engine ecu to reset correctly and reprogramme the learning curve,then drive in all gears upto 4,000 rpm accellerating steadily.

as stated this resets all ecus so any electrical faults caused by conflict errors in programming will be erased and fixed.if the fault is still evident there is a problem that will need further diagnosis

• 1 month later...
Guest Playboi Soldier
upon starting the vehicle DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE allow vehicle to idle until cooling fans cut in to allow the engine ecu to reset correctly and reprogramme the learning curve,then drive in all gears upto 4,000 rpm accellerating steadily.

as stated this resets all ecus so any electrical faults caused by conflict errors in programming will be erased and fixed.if the fault is still evident there is a problem that will need further diagnosis

Do i really need to drive in all gears up to 4,000 rpm.. not much places i can do that in. And doe's this include reversing :S lol