Sensodrive...does The Clutch Ever Need Replacing?

Brad1

My car is now five year old and got 72000 miles on the clock. Is there a particular point where I would notice the clutch slipping? I've no idea how clutches on sensodrive cars work or whether they wear out as quick as normal cars.

Also my brakes (pads and disks) have only just been repaced which I think is pretty good going.

I've not yet needed to have the exhaust replaced either.

This is my first Citroen and with all of the above plus a service interval of every 20,000 miles (or 2 years) I'm really impressed.

Sounds like you've got a good one there.

Yes the clutch will wear out eventually.....but as yet i have not had one they have all been replaced because of judder...and ussually at a much earlier mileage.

Considering the clutch is basically the same unit as fitted in its manual models i would normally estimate its life to be around 60,000 under normal use.

Sounds like you've got a good one there.

Yes the clutch will wear out eventually.....but as yet i have not had one they have all been replaced because of judder...and ussually at a much earlier mileage.

Considering the clutch is basically the same unit as fitted in its manual models i would normally estimate its life to be around 60,000 under normal use.

Thanks.

I have to say the clutch has always juddered (more so on hill starts) so I've kinda accepted it now.

• 8 months later...
Guest Citroen CT

the clutches in senso drives are the same as normal gearboxes and just the same to replace little bit more work involved but not much.

main difference is that to replace the clutch you MUST tell the ecu you are doing the clutch to set the actuators to the removal position and again on refitting.

failure to do so can cause actuator problems which may not be apparent straight away but later when the clutch warranty has expired.

usual problems caused include premature clutch wear,clutch judder,slow or none gear selection.

all are expensive to rectify only allow reputable garages with correct diagnostic equip carry out this repair

citroen consultant tech