Removing Drivers Door Panel

venablc

Just bought a new Citreon C3 LX ('03) but it has one minor problem...

The little silver 'arm' part which stops the drivers door from opening too far has become unattached from the door (somehow :-s). I can see the two bolts, and the holes where they need to go but cannot line then back up so i thought the best solution woulc be to get the door panel off for better access (hopefully)

But how on earth does it come off? all i have found are two screws down the right hand side of the panel which seem to do nothing

could someone please tell me how to get it off?

Cheers

You need to prise the interior door pull apart(gently prise with flat screw-driver) this will reveal 2 x torx screws. Pull circular surround away around door release, noting position of retaining lug that keeps release mechanism in place.Remove 2x screws on door you already mentioned. Then gently prise all around trim to door to release plastic clips that hold panel to door. The panel then lifts off supported along bottom edge of window. Note: Most of the plastic trim clips will probably break on removal, I think there are nine. Also you will have to 'make good' the plastic membrane on reassembley. I used bubble packaging and duck tape on mine. Finally, if you have to remove radio speaker to access the check strap, you will notice speaker pop riveted to door. Have plenty of elastoplast ready and enjoy! Hope this helps. Colin. :rolleyes: