If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Door Rear View Mirrors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twoseefives

twoseefives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

Does anyone know if the black plastic surround that holds the cowling is available anywhere? I,ve checked citroen sevice but its not shown as a separate part from them.It is possible to remove it from the mirror assembly(a right fiddle).Could I buy a cheap second hand manual type and swop the part? Any thoughts?Thanks

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

You might end up having to getting a complete mirror from a breakers which should be cheaper than a new one from Citroen. If you can not get one the same colour you could swap the cover over but there is a chance its clips could break when removing it. Haynes explains how to do this, first the glass is removed and then the clips are unhooked so the cover can then pull off. On our C4 the cover got knocked off which broke the clips and a new cover supplied painted from Citroen was £53 in 2016.

#3 twoseefives

twoseefives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

yes ,I have come to that conclusion not a problem removing as most is missing !!!.do we know who makes the mirrors for citroen?

As all the mirrors on the mk1 and 2 are externally the same there must be parts that are common to all versions.I,ll see what l can get on ebay

thanks

#4 twoseefives

twoseefives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

update. bought a £20 manual mirror in the right colour,it must have been off a mk1 according to the date stamps.The  black plastic surround had the same numbers as my electric mirror so after VERY careful disassembly  the original is repaired.Reassembly in comparison is a dawdle!!so all good now.