If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Rear Parking Sensors: External Rear Right Sensor Coherence

parking sensors coherence fault 98D3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nemdis

nemdis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

New to me 2008 C5 X7 2.0 HDI VTR+

Fault code: 98D3

I gather this suggests a short circuit to +ve. 

(Use of the word 'coherence' suggests to me a mistranslation from French? What should it be?)

So, where to look?

Could this be a defective sensor elsewhere? (I've replaced the rear right sensor).

Could the fault be in the loom? If so is there a common point of failure?

Could the relevant ECU (next to spare wheel) be at fault?

I'd be grateful for some pointers.

Thanks,

Mike

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,899 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

Are the parking sensors working since you have not mentioned an actual fault. Beware of using Chinese Lexia copies for the parking sensors since I have read they can mess them up and need the parking ecu to be reprogrammed.

This is from the Common Problems topic:

35. Front parking sensors do not work after using a Lexia to check for a rear sensor fault.

It has been reported a few times that after using a copy Lexia to diagnose a rear parking sensor fault, and then replacing the faulty rear sensor, the rears then work but the front then do not work. The cause is a glitch in the Lexia messing up the sensor programming which then needs to be redone using different equipment. See this post http://www.citroen-o...t-strange-this/

#3 nemdis

nemdis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

Should be 9BD3 Sorry!

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,899 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

If the rear parking sensors are not working, then try unplugging the indicated one to see if the fault code changes to suggest a sensor fault. You could also swap the plugs round to see if it changes and helps decide if it is a wiring problem or sensor. This link gives a full range of possible fault codes http://c6owners.org/C6_Error_Codes.php with 9BD3 as you have said as

9BD3 Exterior rear right sensor fault : Coherence