If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

For Sale: C5 3.0 Hdi Auto Exclusive Tourer

c5 3.0 for sale

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 splinternet

splinternet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

2009 (Nov.) Citroen C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive Tourer, 6-Speed Automatic, 92680 miles

Reluctantly, I have to downsize and sell my cherished 3.0 HDi....Could this model be the last big-engined Citroen? My research with Citroen UK tells me that only a small number of the 3.0 were produced for the UK (about 150 during a 4-year run, of which the majority were the saloon – club members may be able to corroborate this) so this is a scarce opportunity to acquire one. At the risk of teaching granny to suck eggs, this engine was a joint venture between PSA and Ford/JLR, and powered several JLR cars e.g. the 3.0 XF etc…

I am the second owner, having bought it from Worleys of High Wycombe in Sept 2012 @ 28k miles. Spec highlights (some are standard ‘Exclusive’ trim, some are extras):
• Metallic paint (aluminium grey, a.k.a. silver steel?)
• Leather Pack
• Electrically adjustable driver and passenger front seats (inc. driver’s seat massage)
• Adaptive steering lighting – shines round the corner when you turn left or right
• Panoramic glass sunroof
• 19in “Adriatic” wheels
• NaviDrive GPS and infotainment pack
• 3-level suspension: ‘high’ for clearing any rough terrain, ‘low’ for easier access if you have a roof rack, and ‘normal’.

See photogallery here: https://www.flickr.c... ... res/1518uR

MOT till 22.08.2019. Serviced Aug 2018 @ 87800 miles (so has done about 5k since)
Tyres: 
• Michelin Pilot Super Sports at rear (fitted @ 66k miles, good for another 16k)
• Michelin Primacy 3 Run Flats at front (fitted @ 86k miles, good for another 15k)

Full servicing history inc. all receipts, done every 10k at Citroen dealerships. Covered since new by Citroen warranty. Kept in tip-top condition, all replacement parts are genuine Citroen (e.g. suspension components, power steering, alternator, etc…).

Work just completed:
• Rear brake discs & pads replaced.
• Timing belt replaced (was due at Nov 2019)
• Power steering pump and condenser replaced under warranty

Full car check recently performed by Citroen Coventry, all items are ‘green’ – see this link: https://onlineauth.a... ... ture=en_GB

Bodywork in excellent condition save for one very minor impression – so minor, in fact, that it escaped my fastidious eye when I bought the car. (If anyone spots it I’ll knock £50 off icon_smile.gif )

The car performs in every aspect as it did on the day I bought it. The 3.0 HDi power plant is a joy to drive….my average consumption (mix of M-way and local driving) has been 32 mpg, on long journeys @ 70mph I get high 30’s.

The scarcity of this powertrain surely means this model will become a collector’s item. 

£4,750

Please contact me through the forum.  I'm in Warwickshire.