If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

2010 C5 Tourer Spare Wheel Recess

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 db9987

db9987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

I've just bought a space saver spare wheel for my C5 as I commute to southern Brittany regularly and don't trust just having a sealant / inflator pump. That's fine except the car has a moulded under boot floor tray with the 'T' shaped pieces but also a 'flat' across the bumper side of the recess that prevents a wheel fitting. As far as I can see from the underside this 'flat' is part of the body shell so can't be altered - does this mean I can only carry the wheel loose in the boot ?

Attached File  wheel recess.jpg   100.47KB   0 downloads

#2 Teedee

Teedee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:38 PM

That's strange!   I also have a 2010 C5-X7 tourer and there's a full sized spare wheel when I lift the boot floor.

Edited by Teedee, 11 May 2019 - 07:39 PM.

#3 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

I think you need to remove the boot liner/floor tray with your bits in to reveal the spare wheel well - this liner is not supplied with cars with a spare wheel. The jack box/insert that goes with a spare wheel fits inside the wheel and is different to yours, so you may also want to get one of those. There is also a part that clips to the floor of the wheel well that allows the wheel to be clamped down.

#4 db9987

db9987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

I think you need to remove the boot liner/floor tray with your bits in to reveal the spare wheel well - this liner is not supplied with cars with a spare wheel. The jack box/insert that goes with a spare wheel fits inside the wheel and is different to yours, so you may also want to get one of those. There is also a part that clips to the floor of the wheel well that allows the wheel to be clamped down.

Thanks for that Paul !

I did start to wonder but it looked a bit bare and 'unfinished' when I looked peeked underneath the liner...