If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo
- - - - -

Diesel Engine Type Codes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 heraldsteve

heraldsteve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:07 PM

I have a Citroen Relay and a Berlingo. When buying parts I'm often asked for the engine type code but I don't where to find it. It's not on the V45 so can anyone tell me where I might find it?

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

The engine code is within the letters in the VIN. As an example our C5 starts VF7RE4HTH and the engine code is 4HT. You should be able to use the VIN though when buying parts.

This link has a list of codes https://www.idealeng...el-engine-codes

To get the right Citroen part numbers you should use your VIN in the parts diagrams. These can be seen as a free service if you register on service.citroen as an other professional non emergency services and as a member of the Citroen Owners Club http://service.citro...angerParametres You might need to select your language first. Once on the site use your VIN (VIS) top left to find your car.

#3 heraldsteve

heraldsteve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

Thank you Paul. Unfortunately I can't identify my Relay engine via that method. The VIN starts with VF7ZAAMFA but that doesn't cross reference with the codes listed in the link.

I tried accessing service.citroen but I need to find how to change the language. I'll have a go at that tomorrow.

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

Change the language in a box bottom right. Once on the site, put in your VIN (VIS) top left and on the left side look under characteristics (these are specific to your vehicle) and it will probably give you the engine code.

#5 heraldsteve

heraldsteve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

That's brilliant, thank you Paul. I'm still not clear on my engine type but at least I now have a few codes to choode from - EW/DW, RHV or RHR

#6 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

One other place to look will be on the engine block. If you can find the engine number there may be others there which give the code. Have a look on the block, probably at the front corner under the cylinder head nearest the gearbox. It will not be EW since that refers to petrol engines.

#7 heraldsteve

heraldsteve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

I can't see anything on the block other than the cylinder numbers and a '12' but I think I've established what it is via the service.citroen link you sent me and cross referencing other sites. I'm now 99% sure it's an RHV DW10TD

#8 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

We had a 2005 Picasso with the 2.0 hdi 90 bhp engine and in the VIN it had RHY and that was a DW10TD with I think a single camshaft., so probably similar to the RHV one.

Ford Galaxy Owner Club