If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

What Do I Do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rednose66

rednose66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:30 PM

I get very attached to my cars and my C5 in particular. Even though she hasnt been serviced in 3 years i do really love the car. I cannot  bare to think of her being crushed into a cube - she has no MOT and is unlikely to get one without new wishbones and brakes. How do I wrench myself away from this car? My brand new Skoda has already sustained damage because I dont have the heart to move this car off my driveway. Only two cars make my heart beat faster - Citroens and Alfas. And just like I love my women - big butt and headlights :) - I love this car. How do you get ride of a car that you really love?  . 

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:46 AM

Get somebody else to do it whilst you go for a pint to drown your sorrows. I have scrapped a few cars but usually due to bad rust since the mechanical things I can fix for the cost of parts.

If you live somewhere near South Shields, Coastline taxis use a lot of C5s and may be happy to take the car from you to use as spare parts or even fix it and use it again. You can find their phone number on the internet and maybe ask for the garage.

Since your car is a 2008 C5 X7 2.2 hdi you might be able to sell it for spares or repair since these are popular and not many are available. Ones at a reasonable price do not seem to last long at dealers.

Is your car a saloon or estate ?

#3 rednose66

rednose66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:17 PM

Is your car a saloon or estate ?

Hi Paul it is a saloon. Im down in Slough so too far away although ironically my car was from the South Shields area originally. I am going to have to bite the bullet and possibly put on eBay.