If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Stereo Upgrade On A C5 Navman

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DK63

DK63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

I have a 2010 C5 with built in sat nav. Screen and stereo are linked but separate units. I'd like to fit a touch screen in place of the current screen but am concerned if there is enough room behind the screen to fit a new head unit. Has anyone done this before, and if so, how much room is there please? Not my car but similar to this.

4CitroenC5Tourercarreview.jpg

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:09 AM

I can not remember anyone on here discussing this before. If you have a new unit in mind, you need to make sure it will be compatible with the car electronics so everything continues to work. A search for the existing screen shows it is not that deep so you could use that as a guide for a replacement, otherwise you may need to remove parts of the dash trim to have a look https://www.ebay.co....85764361?chn=ps

#3 DK63

DK63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:34 PM

Sorry, I wasn't notified of a reply, but thanks. That screen looks a lot shallower than the head unit i was considering. Maybe a trip to a scrap dealer might be in order, if I can find one with a C5 in.