If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

C4 Picasso Aftermarket Parking Sensors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lemontet

lemontet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

Hi

I have purchased an aftermarket electromagnetic reverse parking sensor kit with buzzer and L.E.D. hoping that I can fit it to my 12 reg C4 Picasso Platinum front bumper,  powered from an ignition controlled live via an illuminated rocker switch.

Just wondered if anyone can see any pitfalls as I don't wish to interfere with the cars electronics

Any advice greatly appreciated

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

Should be ok. We had one fitted by a Citroen dealer to a 2010 C3 and they did it similarly. It was not used too much though once our daughter got used to the car so it was left switched off most of the time. With a factory fit one it automatically stops working when not in gear but the aftermarket one will need to be turned off with the rocker switch if the ignition is not switched off.

Once installed you will need to inform your insurance company of the modification so they can not use it as an excuse to not pay a claim. On the C3 it was insured with Admiral and whilst they were informed, they would not cover the sensors.