If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Citroen Relay 2006 2.0 Not Starting - Broken Wire To Ecu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sieski

Sieski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

This vehicle has been off the road for 4-5 months. Ran fine before. Put a battery on it (not new but seems ok) Tried starting it and nothing. Used jump leads in case battery wasnt good enough to increase cranking speed if batter was lack lusture. Still no difference.

Hooked up lexia and got this fault p1671 Fuel pressure regulator short circuit to earth or open circuit. Tested connector and wire and it wasn't grounding. The pins on the pressure regulator was. Replaced part. Fault cleared with new part. Still doesnt start. 

Disconnected fuel to HP pump and fuel is being pumped to it. Disconnect supply pipe to rail and nothing comes out the pump. Not sure if this is a fault of the pump or if the regulator wont let fuel through with rail disconnected.

Lexia shows 4 bars of fuel pressure measured when cranking which I know is miles of. Lexia desires 326.

Starts on easy start. 

Leak off test shows no fuel leaking.. though I suspect nothing is getting to injectors.

High pressure pump 3rd piston deactivation actuator test works
HP fuel regulator actuator test works

Immobiliser shows as deactivated.

Stuck now. High pressure sensor on rail? what should cranking speed be?

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

If I have understood your post, it looks as if it is the immobiliser is not recognising the key which is stopping the HP fuel pump working. If you have a second key try that. I believe the immobilser does not stop the car cranking, just the fuel supply. In this case, I would seek advice from a Citroen dealer, do not go down the route of replacing the bsi/remote/keys/radio/etc since others on this forum have tried this for this type of fault and still not fixed it.

There might be a solenoid valve on the fuel pump which could be faulty if the immobiliser is recognising the key.

A faulty crankshaft sensor should also be considered, you could see if your diagnostic shows the rpm when trying to start the engine or when running on easy start. I may have read on here that around 300 rpm is needed to start a diesel engine.

#3 Sieski

Sieski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

OK it shows immobiliser as deactivated.

Cranking speed is around 270 on lexia. So crankshaft sensor is working apparently.

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

It might be the rpm is coming from a camshaft sensor. If you can check the crank sensor and also the cam shaft sensor on the Lexia you can eliminate these but the cam shaft sensor if faulty would give a fault code. You could try disconnecting the cam sensor to see if the rpm is lost but I am only guessing here.

#5 Sieski

Sieski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:58 PM

It's not the immobiliser. Had it tested and confirmed what my diagbox/lexia was saying.

#6 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

To check the fuel high pressure sensor you can disconnect its electrical connector and then see if the engine will start. If it does start the sensor is faulty, if not then it is probably ok.

You have already fit a new pressure regulator on the pump so that should be ok which then leaves the pump as possibly being faulty.

#7 Sieski

Sieski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:18 PM

fixed now. broken wire to the ecu.

Mods can close this now please

Thanks guys

#8 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for getting back to us with the fix, hopefully it did not cost much.

Ford Galaxy Owner Club