If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

C3 2005 Abs Pump Sensor Help!

c3 2005 abs pump light

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 samuelodog

samuelodog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

Hi All,

My C3 has an ABS warning light on.

Garage says ABS system is fine and working, its an electrical fault in the pump. Unfortunately the light will cause an MOT failure.

they have quoted £1500 to replace whole pump/ecu unit.

I am looking for alternatives as car is only work about £1000 at the mo.

Question:

How do I find out the EXACT PART NUMBER so I can source a cheaper replacement part?

I ran the plate part search but I get different results.

Any other ideas?

THANKS!

Sam

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:36 PM

If the fault is just the abs ecu then that can be replaced separately to the valve block by unbolting it from the block. It will need a diagnostic once replaced. If it is the valve block and not the ecu that is faulty then your old ecu can be used again but a diagnostic will be needed this time to bleed the air out of it.

To get the right part number you need to use your VIN in the Citroen parts diagrams. These can be seen free if you register on service.citroen as another professional non emergency services and as a member of the Citroen Owners Club. Once on the diagrams use your VIN (VIS) top left to find your car. The abs system can be found under Mechanical, Braking, ABS/ESP. Also you can have a look under the Characteristics which will tell you which abs system you have. http://service.citro...angerParametres you might need to select your language first. Once you have the correct part number you could do an ebay search for a used part. After replacing the ecu or valve block and ecu, it will need the diagnostic to initialise it and also so it can be fully bled of air.

#3 samuelodog

samuelodog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:56 AM

Could a wheel sensor give a C1380 fault? The mechanic said he thinks something is shorting the system, but the mechanics of the pump were working fine.

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:14 PM

From a search it looks as if the pump needs replacing. Have a look at this topic for an option to repair yours with a used pump http://www.citroen-o...-hdi-abs-fault/

Ford Galaxy Owner Club