If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Fitting Manual Handbrake To C5 Exclusive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gazh

Gazh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

Hello People, Could anyone tell me if it is possible to turn the warning lights off, if i remove the Handbrake module and convert the car to a manual handbrake.

I have had enough trouble with the current handbrake and can't get it to reset. in desperation it occurs to me to fit a manual handbrake.

The fitting would not be a problem, it's just getting the fairy lights to extinguish on the clocks.

Gary

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

I can not help but if you could do this it would be good. If you know somebody with a Lexia you could plug it in and see if there is a simple electric handbrake present yes/no question. If so then I would think this would disable it. You would also need to program it to see the handbrake lever switch from a manual handbrake. I would like an exclusive tourer but the electric handbrake and tailgate put me off.

#3 Gazh

Gazh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Paul, I was having  to fix the handbrake and a couple of small jobs and sell it, This electric handbrake it the final straw.

It will write a load of these cars off, as the prices The Citroen stealers charge for replacement parts is ridiculous .

I will soon put the car on ebay spares or repair.

Gary.