If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Reverse Parking Sensor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrmungy

mrmungy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

I have a 2003, C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive

All of a sudden, my parking sensors has stopped working.

When I put the car into reverse, I get the ping as if they are activating, then a high pitch tone, then they go silent.

Would it be I need to replace the sensors, or could it be something else causing them to not function as they were.

Any advise would be appreciated.

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

You could try cleaning all the sensors, they might be covered in dirt. With the car in reverse but the engine not running, just the dash lit up, have a listen to each sensor and see if they all make a slight noise. If one is different it might be faulty. A diagnostic would tell you which sensor if any is faulty but if you have to pay for this it would be cheaper to buy one sensor and swap it in turn for the others to see if it then works. I have read on here that you do not need to get a sensor at high cost from Citroen and lower cost ones may work. http://www.citroen-o...parking +sensor

#3 mrmungy

mrmungy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

Thank you.
So just one sensor being faulty could do this?
The car was washed yesterday so alas it's not as simple as a dirty sensor
They just had stopped working before the car was washed..

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

I think a single sensor could cause the fault. For what it costs to get a cheap one, it is worth just buying one and trying it in the 4 different sensor positions connecting to just the wiring connectors. The Citroen part number is 659001. If you have front sensors I think these will have the same part number. Note the 2004 to 2008 C5 sensors have a different part number 6590A5 and these are anodised.