If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Turbo Electric Actuator Wastegate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 druid

druid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help me please.

I have a 2006 C4 VTR+ 110hp and the turbo jammed I have bought a brand new turbo but I cannot find one that has the electric actuator, I have been told that you can change the vacuum actuator over for the electric one and it should be fine. We have swapped them over but I still do not have full power its a little better but not full.

Has anyone done this and what do I need to do to get it right please.

I have searched Ebay and used 1st spares choice etc and all the findapart people but cant get a turbo with the electric actuator.

Any help please before I scrap the car as its doing my head in

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

It might be the vacuum actuator arm needs adjusting. According to the Citroen service box procedures the arm should move by 12 mm +/- 2 mm when a vacuum of 0.8 bar is applied to the actuator. Maybe as a quick check if you do not have a vacuum pump and gauge is to get somebody to rev the engine and see if the arm moves. I had a turbo replaced on a Saab and had to adjust the waste gate actuator arm.

If it did not have full power before the turbo problem then maybe there is another fault. Our 2015 1.6 hdi C4 was not accelerating well and the dealer diagnostic found a fault with the fuse box on top of the battery. It gave a U code and they had a technical bulletin giving the cause as the fuse box.

#3 druid

druid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

Many Thanks