If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Correct Coolant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raggy

Raggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:42 AM

Just need to check what coolant should be in my 2007 C3. I’m sure it should be red, garage put blue in, some sites say Citroen original is green,blue!
Totally confused which it should be. Car just been serviced so don’t want to go back and say it should be red if that’s not right. Can anyone confirm that Red is correct....or is there a blue one out there that can be used and it’s actually OK!

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,881 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:01 PM

The colour is nothing to do with the type of coolant, manufacturers can make it any colour they like. It should be a long life OAT type. The original was probably a straw colour but Citroen supplied from a dealer is a blue colour and I think is Glysantin G33. 100% strength from a dealer is part no. 9735K4 for the 1 litre size and does not cost any more than other makes from such as Halfords. Mixing types of coolant is not recommended, if you wish to change types the old stuff should be flushed out first.

#3 Raggy

Raggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Thanks, the car has only just been serviced by a local garage, I have a a Daihatsu van serviced at the same place and they put the pink in that (which is the correct one) which is why I wondered why they have put blue into the C3. Looks like I will have to ask them what exactly they have put in.

Ford Galaxy Owner Club