If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo
- - - - -

Intermittent Power Loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Cutts

Steve Cutts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

I have a 2009 C5 1.6 110 which has suddenly developed a power loss fault while driving home. if I leave it a while and start it seems to run fine for a couple of mins, then I get a loss of power, it will accelerate up to speed limits but is very slow and there is a humming type of noise that matches engine revs (noise only there when fault comes on).

The engine will rev freely but will not pull in gears, it pulls ok to about 1700 RPM then very little power after that. Last service by the garage I normally use 6000 miles ago and diesel filter change. I have spoken with garage whos initial thoughts are it could be dpf but car shows no faults on the dash and no faults when I press the service button. 

has anyone got any ideas what it could be? so I know what I'm looking at repair cost wise? or possible fix myself

Thanks 

Steve

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:32 PM

I would go to a Citroen dealer and have a diagnostic using the correct Citroen tool (Lexia). We had a power loss on our 2015 C4 with the 1.6 hdi engine which meant it did not accelerate well. It turned out to be a fault with the fuse box that sits on the battery and was found by the diagnostic. Trying to guess the cause and changing parts without the diagnostic can cost a lot before it is fixed.

You could though take the engine cover off and see if the injector seals are leaking and look for any air leaks in hoses. To check the dpf needs the diagnostic to look at the pressure drop across it and regeneration frequencies.

Ford Galaxy Owner Club