If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Hydroactive Supension Fault

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alphaeagle

Alphaeagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

hi, I have a 2009 C5 2.0ltr diesel exclusive.  I was giving my father a lift and set the car to the highest level and lowered the car down again, did this twice more as He needed to get out. when I dropped him home the suspension did not rise.

Driving home I got the suspension fault 90KPH....

I cheeked the Fluid level and noticed that I was low, so I topped up the fluid, and the error stop been displayed. I drove home with no issues. The following day the message reappeared. The car felt very soft and bouncy and I noticed that the fluid was coming out from under the cap on the LDS tank.

When I turn of the car and lock the doors and unlock the car the message is not displayed until I drive the car for a @ 5 mins

The buttons are working and when you press to higher the car the screen displays the car raising message, but the suspension does not rise.

I've noticed a high wining noise when I unlock the car,  ive checked all fuses including the maxi fuses under the main fuse panel. 

I also have to ask what happens when LHM fluid and LDS fluid is mixed in the tank, as I found out the my local mechanic had put in some LHM fluid by mistake.

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

To check the LDS fluid level the suspension should be at the minimum height and then the level should be just at the bottom of the LDS tank neck strainer. I would check the level again in case the tank has split and lost some.

LHM fluid might not be compatible with the seals in the suspension but I am not sure. You might need to drain it all out and refill again, there is about 5 litres of LDS.

Is the high whining noise the sound of the pump running ?

The pump fuse I think is in a small fusebox at the side of the battery, it might have red cover. The fuse might be a special type and not a maxi fuse. I have noticed you previously posted about the pump fuse so you know where to look.

You could check to see if the height sensor links to the anti roll bars are not broken, new ones are available at a Citroen dealer but if going under the car use axle stands to support the body. If liquid has been spilt on the height selector switch this might cause problems. You could also check if the pump electrical connector is connected to the pump.

This is from the Common Problems topic:

54. Suspension pump not running, suspension does not rise from low level.

Before replacing the pump, check the relay first. See this topic by danshrekman76 http://www.citroen-o...re-relay-fault/

On the C5 (X7) 2008 on model, check the pump fuse in the battery fuse box http://www.citroen-o...ery-fuses-list/

If the suspension does not raise from low level, it could be the pump fuse has blown. See this topic by alphaeagle where the brake pads/discs were replaced but then the suspension would not rise from low level. The technician had not first raised the suspension to max before doing the work which could have caused the blown fuse. http://www.citroen-o...se-blown/page-0

In this topic by 3001pv, the pump fuse kept blowing. The pump motor end plate was removed and a black mess of grease and carbon brush dust was cleaned out and the pump now works normally http://www.citroen-o...ult-code-p1351/

Here cleaning the pump did not work but something was causing it to stick, post by jaysams80 http://www.citroen-o...m-fixedkind-of/

#3 Alphaeagle

Alphaeagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:55 PM

Hi Paul

You are correct I did indeed have an issue before, the car was taken to the local dealer and they changed the Fuse.

how do you open the red box as I was unable to....

Sorry to be a bother,,,

Merry Christmas to you and all

Regards

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

I have only seen a picture of the fuse box from above and it looks as if the cover may need prising off, being held by a lug at the top and maybe elsewhere. The pump fuse is F1 40 amp.

If you are going to change the fuse it may be wise to disconnect the battery first but do not do this too quickly. After opening the bonnet and removing the ignition key, wait a few minutes for the bsi to shut down. When the battery is reconnected leave it a minute or so before turning the ignition switch so the dash lights up, then wait another minute or so before starting the engine. The clock will need resetting and take the windows down and up to reset the anti pinch.

#5 Alphaeagle

Alphaeagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

Ok car back at dealer as I was unable to remove the red fuse cover...
If the pump is gone is there anywhere that record them?
Thanks guys for your help.

Happy new year to all.....

Edited by Alphaeagle, 02 January 2019 - 11:52 AM.

#6 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

If it needs another pump then you might consider one from a scrap yard if the dealer one is too expensive.

I would ask the dealer service people how to remove the fuse cover.