If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Passenger Side Temp Control Not Functioning

Air Con C5 2008 2.0 heating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe5775

Joe5775

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:52 AM

Hello all. New member here and looking for some assistance.

I have recently bought a 2008 C5 2ltr diesel after my 2002 C5 died and I love it. However I have a few niggling problems which I need to address at some point.

The first and most annoying is that the duel climate heating control is not functioning on the passenger side.

As you probably know it has 2 dials to adjust the temp. One on drivers side and one on passenger.The driver side dial is great. Adjusts the LCD display from Lo all the way to Hi and temp adjusts accordingly.

The dial on the passenger side is stuck on Lo. Regardless on how much I turn it and so only cold air blows on that side. (Including when the windscreen demist is on. Very hot drivers very cold passengers).

First question.

Is it likely that this is an electronic fault with the rotating switch thingy? (Im sure these have a technical name? Rheostat? Potentiometer?) And if I got it off can they be tested with a multimeter?

Second question.

How do I remove it?

Third question.

Could it be anything else?

Thank you fellow Citroenites!

Joe

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

Possibilities include the controller, the warm air flap motor at the passenger side, the flap. If you remove the passenger footwell side trim you should be able to remove the flap motor and see if it works and also by hand move the flap shaft the motor connects to and see if the flap can move. To check the controller if the motor will not move might need a diagnostic.

You can see the parts diagrams free if you register on service.citroen as an other professional non emergency services and as a member of the Citroen Owners Club. Once on this site use your VIN (VIS) top left to find your car. The heating will be under Electrical. http://service.citro...angerParametres On this site you can pay to see the Citroen workshop manuals but these are sometimes available on dvds on ebay as the Citroen service box. There is also a French manual similar to a Haynes https://www.amazon.c...ments=p_27:Etai

In the C5 Tecnical Section there is a pinned topic of common problems worth a read with some applying to the mark 3 C5 (X7).

#3 Joe5775

Joe5775

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

Thanks paul.h very helpful. Ill have look and report back.