If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo
- - - - -

2003 Citroen Xsara 1.6 16V Vtr Coupe Power Steering Fluid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scotsman62

scotsman62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:42 PM

I've had my Citroen for just over 13 years and I've never had to do much to her at all, but now I neeed to find out what type of power steering fluid she takes, I see that there are multiple variants and colours of this fluid and I don't want to buy the wrong one, I've also found that some transmission fluids can be used for the power steering as well, but if I can, I'd rather get one specifically for the power steering, if anyone can help, that would be great, thanks

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

Best thing is to get the fluid from a Citroen dealer and they will supply the correct fluid. It might not cost much more than elsewhere but it will be right. If you have the car Warranty booklet it might say in there which fluid to use and will probably be a Total brand. If you get the wrong fluid it could damage the steering seals so your caution is well founded.

#3 scotsman62

scotsman62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Thank you for replying, I ordered Total Fluide ATX online and it should be here tomorrow, I'm partially agoraphobic, so I couldn't get to a Citroen Dealer, thank you for your help

Ford Galaxy Owner Club