If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Knocking Front Drivers Side

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gazza71

Gazza71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

Hi i have a citroen c4 1.6 hdi 2012 i have an annoying nocking noise on uneven roads and a similar noise when i turn the steering wheel it passed the mot like this so i am stumped

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:44 PM

Chances are it is a worn anti roll bar drop link and maybe it was not bad enough to fail the MOT or was missed. You could see if the link can be moved by hand or by using a lever but the best way to check is to undo one end of the link and if worn there will be a lot of play in one or both of its joints.

#3 Gazza71

Gazza71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the reply was suspecting drop link but didn't want to start buying one part and it not be that the next thing you know you have rebuilt the front suspension will have a look tomorrow thanks again

#4 Gteuk

Gteuk

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:58 PM

one of 3 things drop link seems the easiest option but if you are turning steering wheel may lead to other things, CV tends to click out on steering not so much on driving so can most probably rule that out. 
Spring will knock in both instances so would put that at the top of the list, sad thing about springs is you can pass an mot and it snap on the way home :( 
Drop link usually sounds like a knocking exhaust and are prone to fail quite often.