C5 Mk 3 Drivers Seat Issue

derekn

A strange one this: after a short while, 10 mins or so, the lumbar support on my drivers seat starts to go haywire. It seems to push forward in the centre although when I check the memory nothing has changed.

I'm trying to find out whether this is pneumatic or mechanical and don't fancy stripping the seat down as I can't see how to achieve this without doing some serious damage. 

Any ideas please, or is there a simple solution like disabling the lumbar support function?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

On electric seats I think the lumbar mechanism uses electric motors and to get to it the back rest has to be dismantled. It might need a diagnostic to check it and maybe set it up rather than dismantling so a trip to a dealer might be needed.

The lumbar mecanism broke on our 2007 C5 with manual seats and it was possible to fix this by lifting up the back of the back rest cover to get to the mechanism but I do not know if this is possible on later C5s.