If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Automatic Heating

Automatic heating not turning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 d-2610

d-2610

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:MY Citroen, my Lurcher dog and enjoying my retirement.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

Hello All, I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem and if so, what did you do to cure it?  The automatic heating is not switching the fan off when the cabin reaches the set temperature. The only way to stop it is to switch to manual control and turn the fan off. Anyone have any ideas please? Thank you.

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:20 PM

Has it just started to do this or has it always done this since it sounds as if it may be normal ?

#3 Y Cymro

Y Cymro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

Hi Paul
This started for me on my 2013 X7 this week too.

With the heater switched to Auto, the fan always blows even when the desired temperature is reached. To give an idea of this, when set to manual, the minimum fan speed is equivalent to about 3 full fan blades on the screen graphic even if this is set to a fraction of just one blade. The fan switches off when the switch is set to off. When set to 3 blades or above the fan gets faster, so works normally on full settings.
I’ll do a BSI reset tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

#4 Y Cymro

Y Cymro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

A quick Google search found a stated common issue with the heater resistor which could be the problem

https://www.heaterbl...erresistor.html

Edited by Y Cymro, 21 March 2019 - 09:43 PM.

#5 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

It could well be a resistor fault so worth a try. You could try your Citroen dealer for a new one but with the Citroen part number you might get it cheaper elsewhere. You can use your VIN (VIS) top left in the Citroen parts diagrams to get it for your car. Register on service.citroen as an other professional non emergency services and as a member of the Citroen Owners Club. http://service.citro...angerParametres you might need to select your language first. The heating probably comes under Electrical rather than Mechanical.

#6 Y Cymro

Y Cymro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Thanks Paul. The BSI reset made no difference so I’ll look in the manual to see where it is and buy a replacement.