If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Anti Sink Valve C5 X7 Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesy

Jonesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

My 2009 Exclusive Tourer has developed an intermittent tendency to sink at the back end when parked over the last week. Seem to recall mention of an anti sink valve and or sphere? There do not appear to be any fluid leaks and if I restart the engine and adjust the suspension level to high and back to normal it seems to stay up. Question is, shall I just put up with this or is it something which could have further consequences so should be fixed? If so, any ideas how much it might cost to rectify? Pleased to hear.

Best Regards

John

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

Any work on the suspension hydraulics only seems to need 1 hour labour but the parts can be expensive. You would be best asking your dealer for the likely cost of the various bits but unless sure of which is faulty, it may not be a good idea to buy anything yet. The rear firmness regulator might be part 5277N7 and 2 spheres fasten to this - the part numbers of these vary across the models - 527291 for the estate and 527278 for the saloon. If could also be a rear strut that has an internal leak. Any part numbers should be checked using your VIN.

Whether or not it gets worse if not repaired, I do not know. I had a leak on a rear strut and the back would sink only slightly and left it a year before replacing it. It did not get worse but I got fed up of the slight oil drips on the floor.

#3 Jonesy

Jonesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Paul. Have heard that when this happens Citroen dealers put it on the diagnostics and nothing shows up so unless they are savvy will probably get nowhere. Might give them a call to see if they have dealt with this before. As mentioned, no leaks. When it does sink, and it sinks right down on the bumpstops at the rear, after opening a door the electric pump whirs away and then after a while it suddenly jumps up all in one go much to the shock of passengers! When it does sink it does so fairly rapidly after turning the engine off. But... fingers crossed.. it hasn't done it for the last couple of days. It really is an all or nothing fault. 

#4 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:09 PM

You could also check the lds suspension fluid level. With the suspension at its lowest setting, the level in the tank should be at the bottom of the tank filling neck strainer. When you open the lid there will be a slight venting of air so slacken it gradually. If you ever jack the car up, always raise the suspension to max height first and if the wheels are to be hanging, then the lds tank cap should be slackened before using the jack and not tightened until the wheels are back on the ground - failing to do this might lead to the lds tank splitting. Tyre fitters might not know this.

Also do not go under the car without using axle stands since if a height sensor is caught it can quickly lower before you can get out of the way.