Jump to content

If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

- - - - -

Track Rod Ends Bush

Bush ; track rod ends

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rajshah



  • Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

Does the ball joint tapered end go directly into metal or is there a rubber bush? A new ball joint does not seem to have a washer or bush. My old one seems to have a rubber bush as in picture. The right one seems to be damaged.

Or is that just a rubber washer? Where do I get that if anyone knows the part number please.

I had a spring replaced and now have a tracking error as car is pulling right. Thought I would have this fixed first and then set the tracking.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

#2 paul.h



  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:13 AM

I do not know what car you have, but probably the rubber bit is part of the washer under the nut. The track rod will have a metal taper that goes in the metal arm and is held by the nut. There will not be a rubber bush in the arm.


Replacing the spring should not affect the tracking but it might cause the steering to pull to one side if not put on properly or the top bearing/shock absorber are done up with the steering not central.

Ford Galaxy Owner Club