If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Lh Wiper Motor Needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rednose66

rednose66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone know where I can source a working wiper motor, at a reasonable price, for my MK3 please? I can get one for a decent price from South Africa but its a bit of a faff getting it here. Alternatively can anyone tell me whether the left and right hand drive versions use the same wiper motors? Im doubting it but I may be lucky! :) If so I could look around Spain for one.

#2 paul.h

paul.h

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

From the parts diagrams, left and right hand drive cars have different wiper motor part numbers.

The following is worth a read:

43. New C5 (X7) front wipers not working properly.

Before replacing one of the 2 wiper motors, it may be possible to do a fix to the motor wiring pins - see this topic from c5vtr http://www.citroen-o...x7-wiper-motor/

#3 rednose66

rednose66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Hi Paul thanks for your reply. I dont think it is the pins on mine as there is no sign of any water ingress. I actually think mine could be a mechanical issue as when I have the wipers on the shaft on the LH wiper motor tries to turn but can only move about a millimetre in either direction. Still I will see if I can take the circuit board off the mounting lugs and make absolutely sure - I have fat fingers so it may end badly! :)