C8 2.2 Hdi Engine.

I am looking for a complete engine and front harness for my 2.2 hdi exclusive . I bought this car in a hurry (I know , I know) I came home ,  set about topping up the oil . the only oil filler is deep in the bowels of the engine bay , I topped up the oil via the dipstick tube , The turbo is now noisy , As a disabled driver the most important aspect of any car is reliability . This is without doubt the most comfortable car I have ever driven in 55 years of driving , I now need to sort this c8 out since my old synergie has just failed it's M.O.T. I have no idea what mileage the C8 has done so I must ,I think , in the interest of reliability , replace the engine  .The log book says , engine type  variant EA4HW*  version EA4HWB , engine number DZ244001838 , date of registration , 27/06/2003 , In past days I would taken the engine out , rebuilt it , but not now . . If anyone knows of an engine do let me know via the forum  . I am in Aberdeenshire  ,    many thank , 

Edited by drummond

If the turbo is the problem and it is still in 1 piece, is it not easier/cheaper to sort the turbo than replace the engine ? Any used engine you are likely to get could be worse than the one you already have.

To get some idea of the mileage if you do not believe the speedo, you can look up the car MOT history https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

The main problem I have is the fact that this does not appear to be the original engine , there is no oil filler tube on the front nearside of the engine or any place to "plumb it in" , I purchased the oil filler cap and hose , no spigot on block or sump to fit the hose to . I suspect this car may have had the timing belt issues with subsequent engine replacement , but that is just a guess . The exterior of the engine is very oily at the rear of the rocker box and behind the starter motor and other areas difficult to clean , the noise from the turbo suggests oil starvation  , the high whine is augmented by an intermittent high pitched screech  suggesting a dry bearing . I will  persist in looking for the engine number . Thanks for information re-M.O.T. history , no M.O.T. from 2/8/11 until fail 13/2/12 then pass 17/2/12 plus advisory for low oil . If it is the original  engine the mileage is 170,452 .  I have  , over 60 years of working  on cars  , ( re-built ford popular 990 side valve engine at age 12 ) believed in the principle "if in doubt chuck it out " Thanks very much for the input Paul ,  I note your post re the CX brake pipe tool ,  I had a spinal injury in 1979 and now at 72 the "abuse" has caught up  ,  I have no power in my shoulders  so any car work is not on  , I will be going through all my odds and sods and I will be getting rid of lots of stuff , I am happy to let you know what I have to give  away if that is OK with you . many thanks again   Drummond