C4 Picasso With Electric Problems

Good day to you all. I am new today to this site. I recently purchased a C4 Picasso from a general car trader. There are a number of issues that I would like to bring out for discussion but first would like to deal with the window washers and the cruise control.

I have just had a new washer pump fitted as the old one didn't work from the time I collected the car. When the new one was installed it worked when I washed the windscreen. I left the garage and later that day washed the rear window. When I tried to wash the windscreen again the washer would not return to the front and will now only wash the rear window whether I pull the stalk or press the end of the stalk.

I would appreciate any ideas please.

Best regards. Mike

Welcome to the forum.

On Citroens, usually a single washer pump does front and rear windows but runs in opposite directions but the water goes through different pipes. If one is blocked then the water will only come out of the other. If you can hear the pump running when trying both the front and rear washers then it could be the pipes or washer jets to the front are blocked. It could be when the pump was replaced some dirt got in to the pipework that has caused a blockage. It might need the pump removing again to sort it or you could try disconnecting a pipe at the washer end under the bonnect and trying to see if something flushes out when trying the washer to the front.

Good day to you all. I am new today to this site. I recently purchased a C4 Picasso from a general car trader. There are a number of issues that I would like to bring out for discussion but first would like to deal with the window washers and the cruise control.

I have just had a new washer pump fitted as the old one didn't work from the time I collected the car. When the new one was installed it worked when I washed the windscreen. I left the garage and later that day washed the rear window. When I tried to wash the windscreen again the washer would not return to the front and will now only wash the rear window whether I pull the stalk or press the end of the stalk.

I would appreciate any ideas please.

Best regards. Mike

For the cruise control, try spraying the control wheel with switch cleaner (not WD40) Also try moving the wheel up and down and in and out. This costs little and has been known to work.