Electric Windows Question

jamichi1

Hello - Great to see that there is a forum for C3 UK owners. We just bought a 2nd-hand Citroen C3 (end of 2009 registration) and we noticed that only the driver's windows comes down completely; all the others (2 manual and 1 electric) only stop slightly under midway. Is that a safety feature or something to go after the dealership?

I checked the common problems, but I presume that if it was an issue really, it would only apply on the electric ones and not the manual ones as well?

Thank you in advance.

John

Welcome to the forum.

The front windows should go all the way down, you could look to see if there is any dirt/green algae around the window that is providing some resistance to it, otherwise back to the dealer. I am not sure about the rear ones not going fully down and do not have access to our C3 for a few days to check it.

Welcome

If it's of any use, when the battery has been disconnected, the windows will only move in short sharp jerks (where have I heard that before ?").

For the front windows, press the window button to fully open and hold it there for 3 seconds at the end of it's travel. Then do the same with windows "Close" and hold it there for a couple of seconds. You will find that one press of the button will ow take the wondows fully open and fully closed.

As Coastline Taxi's said above, the rear windows dont go fully down which is usually due to the shape of the rear doors following the line of the rear wheel arch and thus not having sufficient room at the bottom to accept the glass fully down.

cheers