Rear Near Side Tail/break - New Bulb Last 5 Minutes (Literally)

rpsamme

I have a 2004 3.0 V6 Estate and the rear passenger side bulb keeps going within 5 or 10 mins of replacing.  Does any idea what could be wrong?  I am going over to France with it on Satuday and worried of getting pulled over by the police if one of the bulds are out.

Many thanks

Richard

Edited by rpsamme

ou might have the wrong ampage (higher than 10 amp)  fuse in and have a power supply issue.  1st though get a multimeter and test the voltage to the sidelight then get someone to prss the brake pedal and see what  voltage you get as really the one bulb is serving 2 systems so u need to know which one is causing it

Sounds strange to me. Is this the only bulb to blow? If so it might be worth swapping it with the working bulb from the driver's side. If this blows then I think it's a voltage supply problem to the N/S bulb and then you may need an auto electrician to check why the voltage to this connector is too high.  If it doesn't then the bulbs you are using as replacements are duff and you'll need to get new ones from a Citroen garage to be sure they're correct.

When driving in France one needs to carry replacement bulbs ( as well as high vis jackets etc., etc.....).

Best of luck