C4 Grand Picasso Oem Unit

Hi,

First post, so hopefully this hasn't been covered.

I've recently bought a C4 Grand PIcasso (my first Citroen!) (61 plate) - when I bought it it had an aftermarket ICE unit installed (a Kenwood DAB unit for what it's worth), which immediately annoyed me as it means the aux ports and steering wheel controls for the phone didn't work.

The unit has always been a little dodgy - now and again it would lock up completely, wouldn't respond to the power button etc - only way to sort it was to turn the ignition off and re-start the car.

Anyway, long story short, it completely gave up the other day, so now I'm looking to replace it. My initial thought was to try and get an OEM unit, as presumably in that instance the original controls/aux port etc should all work.

Are there any potential pitfalls to this? I did see a listing for an OEM unit, but it charged extra if you wanted the AUX sockets to continue working, and extra again if you wanted the reversing sensors to continue working (!?). Not sure if this indicates that there are potential issues there, or if they are just trying to make a quick extra buck or 25!

I'm not wedded to having an OEM unit, so likewise if anyone has a suggestion for something better/cheaper, as long as the bluetooth, steering wheel controls, reverse sensors work (and ideally the aux ports, but if it has it's own built in ones then no problem), then that'd be appreciated.

Finally, where would I go about getting an OEM unit - I've seen a few listed on eBay, but not sure if price wise that's the best place to look!

Thanks to anyone who reads this far, and double thanks for anyone who replies!!

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that Citroen radios are coded to the car on which they were originally installed and will not work properly on another car unless they are coded to the new car. So if you get a used one from ebay it will need coding to your car and it might also need setting up to work with any accessories on your car - so you may need to visit a Citroen dealer for this diagnostic work.

• Upvote 1