Tail Gate Release Switch.

ChrisJones74

Hi, 

I've recently acquired a C5 Mk1 (CDi VTR Diesel) and last time I asked a question you guys (and possibly gal's) were incredibly helpful so here we go again.

I'm looking for part number 60109903 or possibly 9642261980 (The internet is unsure) - of frankly it could be something else entirely. See massively oversize pictures. post-94190-0-87859800-1464607752_thumb.png post-94190-0-96420700-1464607757_thumb.png It's a tailgate release switch.

So here's my question.... How do I purchase this spare part - the web seems rubbish at this, as do Citroen who seem not to have an on-line spares department? Can that really be true? I could go to my local dealer who'll charge me an arm and a leg and patronise me up the wazzo for not knowing what I'm talking about but I'd rather not.

Thanks in advance

Chris Jones

You need to search for parts using the Citroen part nos. rather than the manufacurer ones that are stamped on them. You can see the Citroen parts diagrams as a free service if you register on service.citroen as an other professional non emergency services and as a member of the Citroen Owners Club http://service.citroen.com/do/changerParametres Once on the site you can use your VIN (VIS) top left to find your car. The door switch is likely to be under bodywork, tailgate.

Parts from dealers are not always expensive and will be the correct ones and fit. I have tried pattern ones before and you may save a bit but they have not always fit properly or not performed as well.