New Returning Member..

Hi folks,

I was a member a few years ago when I drove a 96 1.9Tdi ZX.

Past cars were: 74 GS, 85 Visa 1100, 96 ZX Tdi, a couple of Xsaras, and now just purchased a 2015 1.2 Cactus C4.

It was an unrecorded salvage car and needs a few things doing to get it going again.

I shall be very interested to know if anyone has a tailgate/ rear offside light/ front seatbelts + ecu......Although from my research so far I will probably need to buy those seatbelts and ecu new from a main dealer.

Also, if anyone has access to any workshop manuals/service procedures I will be most grateful. As I do the repairs I will try to document and photograph for the forum use too.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Bob.

Welcome to the forum.

Something drastic must have happened to write a 1 year old the car off, do you know what it was ?

For low cost parts you may need to find another write off car, otherwise they will be dealer parts - maybe you could try for a discount if buying a lot and you are a regular customer. The ecu is likely to need programming to the car so that will probably need doing by the dealer.

For a workshop manual it will be best to get the latest version of the Citroen service box which includes the procedures, wiring diagrams and parts diagrams. A quick ebay search could not find one though and ones from before 2015 will not include the Cactus so they should be avoided. If you can not get one then you can pay for access to the procedures on a time basis on the service.citroen site. Through this you can see the parts diagrams as a free service. You need to register as another professional and a member of the Citroen Owners Club http://service.citroen.com/pages/index.jsp You may need to select your language first.

Thanks Paul for your good advice. The car had suffered very minor rear end damage, but the other aspect was the triggering the front seat belt pretensioners. I bought it from a salvage site. I have always sourced my cars this way for the past 15 years. I am capable of fixing most things, and very often these cars should never be written off at all. But that's another story.
Cheers. Bob.

If you look at the parts diagrams you might find some parts are used on a few models so you could check this. The Cactus is supposed to be based on the C4 so may be a start for the seat belts and then using the Citroen part no. you could try on ebay.