Driveshaft Removal Drivers Side

Hi guys need your help I'm trying to change the drive shaft for my SynerG 2 L petrol and I can't get the dam thing out . I've removed the 2 kn that secure the centre of the drive shaft tried to hammer it out and it just won't come the drive shaft is now separated so I'm just left with the bearing and the rest of the shaft which goes to the gearbox. Does the shaft need to be hammered out with maybe a chisel to get the bearing moving or is there something I have missed . Would there be any more bolts holding it in to the gearbox

Your help much appreciated

Have you removed the two bolts completely? They have lopsided heads on them and they need to be turned to remove. With the bolts out, the bearing should come out fairly easily with a hammer and drift on the inside face.

Ok the bolts are loose but not coming out completely because there is still the outer casing of the Uj joint there but they are loose and do come out just can't completely remove them at minute. The shaft and bearings slides in and out but only 1/2 inch. im hammering from inside outwards ie bearing towards front wheel is this the right way.

It should be simple job but it being a pain.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed the bearing would not come out because the chizel in had caused a metal collar to expand slightly so obviously would not go through. I had to get an angle grinder and trim down the metal collar before I could have it through but its off now now got a fine to new retaining bolts as they have rounded off or should I say the threads have stripped.

Incidentally should the hub nut have a washer as the old one did not neither does the other side. The new one seems too small to fit the hub squarely I'm sure there should be one. A previous owner has tightened up the nut using a screwdriver and hammer. He left off the nut cap and pin completely!no wonder the shaft need replacing. So just to recap I need to know if there should be a washer behind hub nut. Cheers