Citroen C3 2010 Mk2 Seatbelt

djzipper

Hi,

I have been searching the net and not found anything conclusive, so thought I'd try somewhere where someone might know.

I am looking for a replacement drivers seatbelt for my Citroen C3 VTR+ 1.4 HDI.

Does anyone know if the seltbelt from the Mark 1 C3's is the same?  If not, is there a seatbelt from an alternative car that is an exact match?

Many thanks.

Looking at the parts diagrams on service.citroen.com all the seat belts carry the same part number ie: 8974 - but then for different models the two letters following the number differs.   Even on the same model the letters can change after a certain RP number.   I would suggest you look closely at your belt then compare it with other Citroens that they may have in your local breaker.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am having a similar problem with my seat belt, drivers side locking up, takes me 4/5 minutes of gentle tugging before I can fix in place.

I have been advised to go down the route of Sale of goods act to resolve this issue. My car is just 4years old 63000 miles, wwish me luck.

J P Finegan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Citroen's procedure does not say anything special about unplugging the wiring connector other than to unlock it before unplugging it and to do it before unbolting the seat belt (so once replaced, plug it in after the seat belt is bolted in place). You should also disconnect the battery and wait for 15 minutes to avoid the risk of the seat belt pretensioner going off. It does say the old seat belt should have its pyrotechnic component destroyed by plugging in a special tool before it can be disposed of. All 3 bolts are tightened to 25 Nm.