Engine Management Light

albotek

Hi,

I had the engine management light come on and off with loss of power. This turned out to be lack of Elloys and some valvy thing on the FAP. After those things were rectified the light has remained off.

That is until I had an injector replaced. The light is now on permanently. There are no symptoms regarding the car's operation. The mechanic that did the injector hasn't got the diagnosis equipment but said not to worry about it, BUT I DO!! I've had a quick look under the bonnet to see if he left any pipes or cables off but could see nothing untoward.

I took the car to a chap that had the diagnosis equipment and there were no error codes and the light would not reset via his laptop. He suggested disconnecting the battery for 30 mins or over night. Now I'm a bit loathed to do that after reading, in the hand-book and on line, that a plethora of problems could appear due to the necessity of system re-initialization after battery re connection.

Should I ignore it, should I disconnect the battery,should I panic? :unsure:

Dave

I believe replacement injectors need to be coded in to the car ecu, so if the garage who did the work did not have the diagnostic equipment, then that can not have been done. I am not an expert, but believe the code you need is stamped on the injector - did the garage give you this code ? In the Haynes C4 manual, it says without coding the injector the performance may be reduced and emissions high until it is done.

I believe replacement injectors need to be coded in to the car ecu, so if the garage who did the work did not have the diagnostic equipment, then that can not have been done. I am not an expert, but believe the code you need is stamped on the injector - did the garage give you this code ? In the Haynes C4 manual, it says without coding the injector the performance may be reduced and emissions high until it is done.

Hmmmm....no info regarding the injector was passed to me. Maybe I should return to a Citroen garage to get them to set it up before I embark on my journey to the UK.

Dave