Steamy?! - New Car Filled With Water ?

EllaDS3

Picked up my brand new DS3 (DS Sport) this week. Noticed that it was really steamed up. Weirdly, my dad thought it necessary to check the boot and I'm so glad he did! No less than 2 inches of water in the spare wheel recess, as well as tide marks on the interior and wet floors. In fairness, the dealership have been great and are taking it away to investigate but I just wondered if this may have happened to anyone else??

Welcome to the forum.

This does not sound right on a new car. Possibly a door seal, a boot seal or rear light seal is not on right or if there is a sun roof this is leaking, or a window has not been closed or broken - or maybe it has been stood in deep water and hence the tide marks. The problem will be in drying it out - the carpets and sound proofing will all need removing and possibly replacing (they may smell/rot/be contaminated) and there may be wiring/electrical problems. I would be very tempted to consider asking for a replacement car.

If you do not mind, I have slightly changed the topic title so the problem is more obvious to other members and may attract more replies.