If this site has saved you money please feel free to donate a little of the saving

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Photo

Rear Windows Won't Open!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JuBrux

JuBrux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Hi

The rear window will not open, I've taken the cover off to have a look and the switches seem to be working ok but can't test cables as I don't have the right gear. Is it worth doing this or shall I just book it into the garage? The rear passenger windows have stopped working and I wondered if they are linked in any way? I checked the fuse which is fine. I assume I'm not alone in having these problems and wondered if anyone has any helpful advice.

Regards

JuBrux

#2 psychobudgie

psychobudgie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

is there life to the winder motors? can you hear them trying to run but the windows don't move?

If so it may be a cable problem, ive just had this myself on the rear passenger side. turns out the cables had wound round the pulley wheel and got knotted together..

A replacement repair kit fitted it but it is a pain to do.

Alan

#3 Johndouglas

Johndouglas

Forum Police

• PipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • Interests:Motoring, Caravanning, DIY
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Kind of you to reply to his problem - but he asked his question three and a half years ago, and also, having asked the question, the guy has never come back to see if there was an answer.   But thanks for trying.   Better luck next time.... ;)

#4 psychobudgie

psychobudgie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

my bad, I never noticed the date :-)